Sunday, April 6, 2008

Samana Omlette



This past week was a super, I went back to sharing a room with Molly so that's about as sassy as can be.  I was a little under the weather, so I didn't do too much beach-going, but Tuesday I did explore Samana with some buddies.  I posted some cute pics of that day.  The restaurant we ate at was really fun, until I realized that I had ordered (or the waiter thought I ordered), a shrimp omlette.  I thought I had ordered a shrimp tortilla, but when it turned out to be an omlette (with nothing in it other than shrimp), I tricked my mind into thinking it was a pleasant surprise.  Half-way through eating it I was pretty sure I was going to vomit so I had to give up on it.  
Here's a tip: Don't order shrimp omlettes.
Speaking of awful food, another highlight of the week was daring each other to try the desserts in the garden.  The garden cafe is the main buffet-eating area, and they always have about 2 good desserts, surrounded by a ton of medicre-awful ones.  One night we tried all of them, and decided which ones, in order, were worst, second-worst, and third-worst.  I tried to get someone to pay me 5 dollars to finish the dessert that we voted was worst, but there were no takers.
Today begins our last cruise out of Miami, and then we're off to New York.  Our cruise will then go from New York to Bermuda, which should be super fun.
Sassy!
Vanessa

1 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Chip said...

Hey Vanessa, I hope you're having a great time out/over/down there! We miss you back in still-cold Chicago!

George is rife with grief, pining away for you. Would you recommend we distract him with fruit loops and mayo, or eggs and jelly?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home