Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Horsey!













So last week was our last week out of Miami to the Caribbean.  On Tuesday when we were in Samana, a bunch of us went horseback riding to this amazing Waterfall.  It was really amazing and scary in that the horseback riding was way more intense than I expected.  I haven't ridden horses since being a counselor at Firebird Camp, and even then, I was pretty wussy about it.  But in Samana we went along these really rocky paths with these really malnourished horses who really wanted us to leave them alone.  There was a 14-year-old leading my horse the whole way, but sometimes he would stand behind the horse to get it to go, and I would get really nervous that I was going to fall off.  They don't use the English saddles I used at camp in Samana (apparently), so I was using a Western saddle and just holding onto the big stub on it, which I'm pretty sure is the exact wrong this to do. Anyhoo, I it ended up being a lot of fun.  We rode to this waterfall where where you could jump off this rock into the water, and that was really fun.  But then there were also all of these kids who were climbing the waterfall and jumping off mid-waterfall, which made me scared for them, because there were definitely tons of shallow areas where there were huge rocks in the water.  Anyways, no one died, and after we rode back, we went to this beach where there were these adorable girls who loved taking pictures with my camera and then looking at them on the back of the camera.  If only adults were as easy to befriend...

Anyhoosies, now I'm in New York for a few days- amazing!  There's a business charter that's on the ship for a few days, and since we don't have any shows during that time, I was able to get off the ship!  I'm hanging out right now in my brother's apartment.  It's so great.

Sassy!

Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home